Thursday, June 20, 2013

Photowalk - Gatineau Park, Quebec

I haven't been to Gatineau Park for quite a while and as always, I really enjoyed the time I spent there. I first made a quick stop at the Pink Lake Lookout. I always enjoy the view from up there. 




Then I continued to the Pink Lake Trail, just a couple of minutes further down the road.
I forgot how many stairs are involved when walking the loop but actually I enjoyed the much needed exercise. :)


 Blue Flag - Iris prismatica 





Some turtles enjoying the afternoon sun. 

Leopard Tadpoles. Aren't they cute? :)


 Some of them already grew their back legs. 

 Blue Flag - Iris prismatica 

I just love this combination of rock and trees.... 

 Yellow Lady Slipper - Cypripedium calceolus 


This is where the round trip started and this is where it's going to end too.

One more look back over the lake and then  I continued to the Champlain Lookout.
   
View of the Ottawa Valley from the Champlain Lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment