Thursday, August 29, 2013

Photowalk: Furry, feathered and/or winged

This time I took a stroll along the side roads to see what animals I might find. The trees were buzzing with life, literally, since there were a whole bunch of cicadas buzzing in the trees but I did not manage to spot one. 

Numerous birds were tweeting all around but I only could get a glimpse of a Downy Woodpecker and a very nervous Blue Jay.

Rustling of some branches in an oak tree brought my attention on a chipmunk. I am not sure whether it went for the acorns or something else. 



Further down the road I met another, more curious chipmunk.

Mourning doves outnumbered the other birds I saw this time.

I have no idea yet what bird this is but it was staying for a few minutes
before disappearing into the bush again.

Three Blue Jays made an appearance but only let me picture them while I was sitting in the car.



  Along the beach I found a beautiful big (about 1 inch or 2.5 cm) Great Golden Digger Wasp, 

a few Honey bees,

and numerous Bumble bees. 

There were a bunch of young (almost) 'invisible' grey grasshopper trying to blend into the surroundings.


Lots of other (adult) grasshoppers all around, too, of course.



No comments:

Post a Comment