Friday, August 2, 2013

Photowalk - Among the chickweed and trees

I enjoyed a lovely morning walk today. Met some nice people and saw some great animals along the way. 

All the "little ones" are not so little anymore. It is amazing, what difference a few weeks make. There were a whole lot of different colorful dragonflies but they were really busy and nervous so I didn't get the pictures I wanted. Well, bummer, so I will HAVE to come back again soon and try again. 

It's been a while but I finally saw one of the young owls again. What a privilege. Ok. Quite a number of people seem to see them all the time but I don't so for me they are a very special sight. It is especially rewarding if I find one on my own, like today.

Midland Painted Turtle enjoying a sunbath 

 Juvenile Wood ducks


 Green Frogs (Rana clamitans)


 Meadowhawk Dragonfly Male






We met again!! Almost all the baby fluff is gone by now. What a beautiful owl and I almost overlooked it sunbathing on that dry tree branch. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment