Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Going for a stroll through the wintery forest

Another beautiful day, perfect for a walk. I really prefer visiting forests that are located right next to bogs or swampy areas during winter time. Places where I was mobbed by swarms of mosquitoes or was rushed through by deer flies in the warmer months, I can now enjoy at a leisurely pace.  So off hubby and I went to take in some fresh air.

The red seeds of the Staghorn Sumac add a beautiful contrast to the muted browns all around.








Little pathways  make it easy to navigate through the brush.




The afternoon sunshine painted beautiful colors onto the trees.

 I really like that this particular forest is in its essence being left on its own devices. Trees lay were they fall and only the little pathways are being maintained.





No comments:

Post a Comment